Wardyński & Partners has advised private equity firm Wendel and its co-shareholders on the sale of Constantia Flexibles to private equity firm One Rock Capital for a price yielding net proceeds for Wendel of c. EUR 1.1 billion. Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP was the seller’s lead counsel.
We advised on Polish aspects of the transaction and conducted legal due diligence of the Polish companies Constantia Teich Poland sp. z o.o., Constantia ColorCap sp. z o.o. and Constantia Flexibles Poland Holding sp. z o.o.
Constantia Flexibles is a global leader in the flexible packaging market, employing 9,000 people in 16 countries and producing packaging solutions for customers in the consumer and pharmaceutical industries.
The team is supervised by Kinga Ziemnicka (partner), and key lawyers are:
- Aleksandra Drożdż (transaction lead, corporate issues)
- Agnieszka Godusławska (employment issues)
- Iwona Kasperek (real estate issues)
- Joanna Prokurat (state aid issues)
- Rafał Baranowski and Konrad Werner (financing issues).
The transaction is to be finalised after fulfilment of conditions precedent.