Services in the area of European Union Law
- Determination of EU regulations applicable to a specific matter or activity, particularly involving the free movement of goods, services, capital and people, and the freedom of establishment
- Analysis of the interaction between EU and Polish law in order to determine and apply the relevant rules
- Protection of the interests of clients in competition proceedings (notification of concentrations, advice in cartel proceedings, or filing complaints) before EU authorities and courts
- Identification and assessment of available investment incentives under EU and Polish law, assistance in obtaining state aid, implementation of projects co-financed with public funds, and dealings with national and EU institutions (reflecting issues of taxation, real estate, employment law, infrastructure, transport, public procurement and public-private partnerships)
- Assistance in interpretation and application of harmonised EU regulation of specific sectors, such as telecommunications and media, energy, transport, environmental protection, and pharmaceuticals
- Advice and representation in administrative and judicial proceedings before EU institutions, such as the European Commission, the European Court of Justice, and specialised agencies—pursuing claims, motions and appeals, obtaining access to files and documents, and appearing for the client
- Advice and representation in contacts with other institutions, such as the European Parliament, the Council, and other agencies.
In cooperation with our Brussels office, we provide the full range of advice, with a comprehensive and practical approach encompassing both EU and Polish law. This includes monitoring legislation, as well as interpretation of current regulations, seeking rulings from the relevant national and EU authorities, and initiation and participation in proceedings before the European Court of Justice and other EU institutions.