Editor-in-chief for In Principle portal
“In Principle” is a Polish portal about law—for business but not only. We discuss complicated legal issues clearly and accessibly. In Poland we have many readers. We aim for more.
We seek a person with the creative vision and editorial experience to lead the portal into the international market. The ideal candidate will propose and develop inspiring new ideas to make our portal interesting for an international audience. You must have in-depth editorial expertise, ideally in an environment of high intellectual standards (legal, sociopolitical etc).
- Develop and expand our editorial vision, provide guidance and leadership on the strategic direction of the portal
- Plan and execute on an editorial calendar
- Suggest content and enforce deadlines
- Assign stories to writers and editors, and provide feedback and guidance throughout the editing process
- Broaden the team of contributors—establish and maintain contact with potential contributors and experts
- Monitor the publishing market
- Represent the portal externally at events and in the media to raise its profile
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- First-rate editorial skills and judgement (story development, fact-checking, quality control)
- Ability to generate original ideas for creative and engaging content
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Keen sense of content strategy and presentation formats
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills